So, it’s not race day – no one is out there cheering me on, why am I motivated?
Are your running shoes sitting in your closet but the motivation to put them on feels more difficult than it should? You are not alone.
Not every day am I motivated. I have good days and bad days. I have, however, found a few things to keep my daily motivation relatively constant…
Here is what is motivating me today:
- my short term race goal (Seattle Marathon this coming Sunday, p.s. there are an awesome amount of cheering people with exceptionally funny posters!)
- the light feeling my legs have right now in “taper” mode
- the satisfying feeling of finishing a run and coming back inside on a cold and rainy fall day
- my new running shoes (6th pair of the same model this year!) Brooks Ghost 7.
- Checking off my daily goal on my fridge (I seriously love doing this…so simple I am!)
- A couple of weeks ago I started using the App. “Runkeeper”, though it has it’s quirky like every app, there is a computerized woman on my iPhone who tells me what to do, and love the sound of the lady saying “workout complete” https://runkeeper.com/home
- Walking by this medal rack hanging on my wall that my sister (who knows me so well) just made me for my 40th Birthday
- My newly downloaded playlist especially my new favourite running song Catch and Release (Deepend remix) by Matt Simons.
It’s the little things!! It’s only a short 5 mile easy pace run but I’m still looking forward to it.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going” ~ Jim Rohn
Enjoy your next run 😉